Sunday, April 12, 2009
Looking for the right answer
This is resurrection day. How appropriate. I had a minor setback last week. The eight months spent waiting for the fusion to heal correctly has left the ankle with more time to crumble apart. After meeting with my surgeon, he said the ankle is "99 percent gone," so instead of the ankle replacement I'd anticipated having for over a year, we have to further straighten the foot. That, sadly, means another surgery, this time what's called an "osteotomy." It's much more invasive and means another three months of staying off the foot. And t does nothing to help the pain I still have in the joint itself. I'm getting a second opinion just in case, but I will proceed with the original surgery date. Getting another set of eyes to look at it will give me peace of mind, anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment