Saturday, April 25, 2009

This didn't just happen. Oh, yes it did.


They say when it rains it pours. God says He will supply all my needs according to His riches and glory. Basically, as a Christian believer that means giving your baggage to God to carry. That was especially important the day of my foot surgery. As luck would have it, the night before surgery, I felt a kidney stone pushing through. I've had a history of these things and I know them like a dog can smell an earthquake. My prayers the night before asked the Lord to provide a way for the stones to come out and for me to have a successful operation. Who wouldn't want that, right? Knowing I might need to get it removed, I still cautiously arrived at the hospital. I worried they might cancel my original surgery because I wasn't healthy enough to go under the knife.

"I may be getting a stone and it's almost out," I told the surgeon.

He didn't seem bothered, unlike me, I was panicking.

Moments later, his surgical assistant told me they would likely catheterize me under anesthesia because the surgery would take four to five hours. I was relieved. I knew from prior experience, if a catheter was placed in there, it would create an opening large enough for any stones to exit peacefully. The above pic was taken two days post-op, moments after the catheter came out and I tried to go to the bathroom for the first time. Actually, three popped out, all about this size.

This is a good time to say, "God is good!"


No comments:

Post a Comment